Application Approval Criteria
We are delighted that you are interested in leasing a dwelling in our apartment community. In order to help you in making your decision, we have listed below the criteria for qualifying as a resident with us.
1. A separate rental application must be fully completed, dated and signed by each applicant and all co-applicants. Spouses can complete one rental application.
2. The rental application will be reviewed when submitted so we’ll have all information needed to determine your eligibility.
3. Each applicant must provide a government photo identification and allow it to be photocopied.
4. Applicants who are first-time renters or who do not have sufficient income under paragraph 6 below, may qualify by having the lease guaranteed by a guarantor. The guarantor must have a gross monthly income of at least 5 times the monthly rent and must meet all other qualifying criteria. The guarantor must complete and sign a lease guaranty agreement. Guarantors may be held responsible for all of the lease obligations, including the entire rent and other costs, such as damages, even if you have roommates.
5. If applicant’s family will be occupying the dwelling, the family size must be appropriate for the available apartment, i.e., no more than two adults per bedroom, in most circumstances. See our attached family occupancy policy, covering various sizes and configurations of units and children’s ages during the lease term.
6. Employment and monthly income must be verifiable. Total monthly income of all applicants must be 2 1/2 times monthly rent. (Otherwise, a guarantor is necessary.)
7. Applicant(s) may be denied occupancy for the following reasons:
- Falsification of application by any applicant
- Incomplete application by any applicant
- Insufficient income (total of all applicants)
- Criminal conviction history of violent or sexual crime committed by any applicant or by other occupants (including children) who plan to live in unit. Felony convictions will result in denial.
Poor credit history of any applicant (credit reports are obtained; previous bankruptcy requires an additional security deposit equal to one month’s rent)
Poor rental profile of any applicant (rental history reports are obtained). Rental history of:
- Non-payment or frequent late payment of rent
- Drug use
- Poor housekeeping
- Poor supervision of applicant’s children
- Unruly or destructive behavior by applicant, applicant’s children or applicant’s guests
- Violence to persons or property by applicant, applicant’s children or applicant’s guests
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability or familial status.